[3 April 2009] I'm Just A Cat Whose Outer Appearance Resembles A Dog - Myolie Wu's Own Words

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[3 April 2009] I'm Just A Cat Whose Outer Appearance Resembles A Dog - Myolie Wu's Own Words

Post by psycho 0805 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Source: http://qnsx.cyol.com/content/2009-04/03/content_2609516.htm ; Myolie's Baidu

I'm Just A Cat Whose Outer Appearance Resembles A Dog - Myolie Wu's Own Words
There were many comments saying that Myolie Wu owes her current status today to being the most obedient person. Certainly, human beings often like to neglect others' hard work; neglect the hard work she once put in for her past roles. For a role, she became mentally-challenged. Also for a role, she put on weight till she weighed 150 pounds......Those whom have seen Myolie Wu will say that she looks a lot more beautiful than what she is on TV. Has lasting appeal, simple-minded, loves to smile, her smiles are very naive-kind. But, she really isn't that beautiful lady on the screen.

I'm Not A Gentle Person; Can't Do Shy Expressions
I live in a house of cats. My beloved 9 cats are the closest to me. They enter in and out of my room freely everyday, keeping one another company. Perhaps it's the influence from so many cats! My character resembles that of a cat. I like how cats can be gentle and refined, yet still be so cool and not adept in interacting with strangers very well. But then, my outer appearance resembles a dog. Perhaps it's because of that, I've some contradicting areas in myself. Cats give people a feeling that they're passive and introverted. Dogs, on the other hand, are always working hard to give out their love. Both of them completely contrast each other. My character is like the cat, but my outer appearance and also my past roles have been resembling more like a dog. I can only explain that I'm just a cat whose outer appearance resembles a dog. And it's a hardworking cat.
If I told anyone that I'm in this industry for 10 years already, everyone will feel that this period has been very long. But if you count by the number of days, it's merely 3000+ days. Time passes very quickly. But then, I don't feel like I've grown old. In the past, I used to count the number of drama serials that I've been in. When I counted till 15-16, I stopped deliberately counting on. Up till today, without me consciously knowing, it's already 30+ drama serials!
On January 2009, I've officially entered the music industry. Actually I've started singing since 19. It's just that for these few years, I've concentrated on acting. Now that I've accumulated some popularity, it's time for me to go out and become a singer. I've released my first album, Evolve. Filming dramas, working on the album, and holding autograph sessions - I was really very busy. Everyday, I'll only have around 2 to 3 hours of sleep. Often, the filming would end around 3am in the early morning, and then at 7am, I need to wake up and carry on filming. I depended on my mental strength to persevere on every day. Being an actress is already very exhausting, but still, I can look forward to completing the filming one day. Now that I look at it, being a singer is even more tiring. There are many events to attend. Most of the time, there are around 5 to 6 interviews to do per day, and still need to spend time practising my singing......But I never regretted. I believe that I will be able to reap what I sowed.
There are many TVB artistes whom are acting and singing as well. Our styles are all very different. I'm the stronger, more independent type of lady, and I enjoy being 'the lady with personality'; Linda Chung is the natural 'jade-girl' and is suitable for the gentle style; Raymond Lam's singing skills has always been good; Bosco Wong is more adept in dancing, and has a good stage charisma; Wong Cho Lam's style is the most obvious - he's very comical. I think that I've gone on the right path, because I'm not a gentle person, and can't do shy expressions either.

The People Whom Like Me Are Those Who Truly Understand Me
Cai Kang Yong (蔡康永) once said, "The television is the most fake object. It uses imaginary life to deceive us, making us falsely-believe that that's our life."
When we grow up, we start to discover that this world is full of deceits. Sometimes, we don't believe; Sometimes, we do, but we still misunderstand. Because we only like bright, beautiful and elegant things. Often, we'll despise those people or things whom do not fit into our own aesthetic standards. In reality, we often spend a very long period of time to understand a person, or an incident. But on the television screen, it's often just the first impression, which we make use of, to accept or reject someone.
For a star, not looking beautiful on-screen is a fatal blemish. My fans are almost as many as those whom dislike me. Many people said that I've a big, fat face; that I can still work as a star with such an ugly look. In the beginning, I'll definitely be upset. Later on, I start to understand. Since I'm already in this industry and I really sincerely love my work, then other than continuing my path forward, there's no other choice left. I like to try out different roles. Hope that the audience will really like me after seeing me in different kinds of roles.
In 2002, I clinched the Most Improved Actress Award. Do everyone still remember what my last sentence was when I was receiving the award on the stage? I said, "I really like acting." Now, I still often recall that particular sentence. Perhaps back then, it was really something coming straight from my heart!
Because of acting, I can go all out. Shave bald, pluck out my tooth, anything. Many female stars are afraid of getting fat. But for acting, I went to put on weight. Every night, I would be having supper. Before I slept, I would eat chocolates and instant noodles......There's no specific target on how much weight to put on, as long as it gave people a feeling that I'm fat. Until much later, when I looked at the reflection of myself in the mirror, I felt very unfamiliar. But, at least my task was accomplished. After filming, I took on the slimming advertisement, so that I could shed off the extra weight as quickly as possible.

The Rumor Isn't Counted; Depend On Myself To Buy A House
Each time when I'm filming, there will be negative news going around. I'm already used to it. Not long ago, there was a rumor that Gallen Lo wanted to teach me about acting, but I put on airs and ignored him. Very weird right? Actually it was because at that time, I said that it was impossible for me to be having any rumors with Gallen Lo, so this kind of news was being spread around. And also, the rumor of Bosco Wong being my boyfriend has always been circulating. We got to know each other when we were filming too. Initially, both of us were not on close terms, and my first impression on him was that he liked to play a lot. In the end, when we interacted during filming, I discovered that both of us could get along well with each other. Gradually, we became more familiar, and would also play together. Having a good relationship is a definite! If not we won't be receiving awards already. If really want to say if there's any possibility, I also can't deny this kind of possibilty. Because in this world, anything can happen. But for now, I haven't thought till that far yet. There's no problem with being in a romance, and neither does the company forbids us from that. But I feel that it won't be possible for someone in the same industry. Because we're too familiar with one another, and thus it will turn out to be uncomfortable.
I can responsibly tell everyone: "Now, I indeed have no boyfriend. I hope that my boyfriend can be taller than me. Have similar interests. And also, must like cats." As for when my marriage will be, I've no idea too. Perhaps in my thirties! I'm not in a hurry. Now there are many matured ladies whom aren't getting married. Furthermore, my family isn't chasing me to get married. So I'm not putting this up on my daily agenda. But, when I see my elder sister's child, I'll have the impulse to have a child. It's once in a lifetime. No matter what, must give birth to one or two to experience. This is the in-born gift of a female. But finding a husband is difficult. For now, there's no such plans yet.
I'm keeping 9 cats, and don't even have any candidates as my husband. So I need to work hard and earn money to buy a big house for myself. I plan to take advantage of the falling property prices and purchase one more unit as an investment. Now, I already have a unit of my own to live in.
Actually, it's very important for modern ladies to manage their finances. I seldom buy stocks. For investments, I'll buy some low-risk funds. I'm very cautious. Every cent that I earn is hard-earned money. So I'm always pretty thrifty. And also, I invest in purchasing red wine. It's guided by a professional. The returns is pretty good. Let me tell a secret to all of you, I've already invested a 6-figure sum, because there must be people whom drink red wine.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [3 April 2009] I'm Just A Cat Whose Outer Appearance Resembles A Dog - Myolie Wu's Own Words

Post by linnette_zj on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks for the translations..wow.. 6 figure sum investment in wine..

linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [3 April 2009] I'm Just A Cat Whose Outer Appearance Resembles A Dog - Myolie Wu's Own Words

Post by Bubbles9294 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks for the long translation.It really makes me admire Myolie more when I get to know about her goals and views on her life:)

Bubbles9294
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:23 am

I wonder what brought this on. Yes, she is a very diligent, loyal, and hard worker. And I thank her for clearing the air on many questions that I have about her. It's fun to know she is a cat lover and have them to roam around freely. It's gives a cozy feeling about her and her pets. Hope she doesn't have goldfish. It might tempt the cats.

Don't understand what's she said about Gallen teaching her though. Could somebody clarify that?

goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s2sorjuju on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Awwww... I'm glad she had this interview and thanks for translating! I actually thought her explanation between Bosco was necessary as it really makes me wonder at times. Hope she'll keep up the good work! <33

s2sorjuju
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top