[12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [12 November 2008] Four New Series For Myolie Wu In 2009 - Part 2

Post by swtaznlaydee on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 am

Even though BF3 is male-dominated, She can still prove her acting skills as the female lead. Didn't Ada choi win Best actresss for a drama that's mostly male-dominated? ;D

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ahwin on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 am

i agree w/what u guys said. 4 series and yet none of the 4 seem to be that outstanding.

i have to admit i'm quite disappointed that tvb's doing WOIL 3, which means myo'll be stuck w/it for a few months. i wish they would cast her in a diff type of role.

ahwin
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:46 pm

psycho 0805 wrote:

I'm not trying to say that TVB's not favoring or promoting her. Just to clarify this point. She's certainly still one of the top Fadans, and definitely sharing a close and pleasant relationship with her company =P I'm just wondering if they're taking her career into the right direction (Just a little worried, cos she's stepping into the 10th year of her career next year already). Yes, of course I'm happy that she has 4 mini-series (3 to be exact; BF3 isn't really mini right? nervous), but like I said before, quality over quantity. If the roles are going to be repetitive, I will rather she not act in so many dramas (well I've no idea how much say she has in accepting/rejecting a role). She still has her music that she can focus on for the coming year, doesn't she? I'll think it'll be more beneficial to her career as a whole.

I am trying to reconcile the fact that TVB is promoting her. The point that the grand productions where the most and if not all the opportunity are there for the artistes to shine and win awards are given to same artistes over and over again. Feel this is very unfair. Guess TVB has the list of artistes that need to promote first before Myolie. In order not to be disappointed time and again, I resort to having no expectation at all. If and when it comes for Myolie turn, I would be very happy. I think it would come eventually,. but doesn't look like 2009.

CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caja on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:51 pm

linnette_zj wrote:haha..u mean ur sisters are excited too? i'm so looking forward to WOIL 3...haha..especially that it is something different.. but just hope no clumsy roles kinda thingy again.

Yup,because they also watched the previous two before so I said to them that they are going to be WOIL 3 and they told to keep them updated happy

Caja
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile http://www.cajablogger.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:52 pm

The only problem for me is that TVB keeps on giving Myo the same roles over and over again. Grand production or not, I don't really care.

At first, you'd think TVB will start to change after Myolie expressed that she wants to try a more mature role in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER INTERVIEWS.

I mean, COME ON, it's not like she's being silent about it.

And then she got the role of Chau Heung. I thought, FINALLY, TVB gets the message... but NO! TVB has to CHANGE the role so that Chau Heung's character is just like any other of her roles again! Back to square one.

Gah.

hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 pm

mm..let's look at it in a more positive light... although Myolie is taking all comedy roles... but it does shows that the producers recognise that talent of hers in this area. Not all actress can do comedy roles. How many can actually take on this kind of roles that Myolie plays? Why they kept putting Myolie in this kind of character is probably because they can't find one better than her. Even in comedy roles, Myolie can shine. Look at Moses. he is a comedian and he has been shining in that area. Afterwhich, he was then given some serious roles..but all artistes and produces agree that Moses is a comedian. so Myolie is the female comedian in TVB. And TVB will come to recognise her efforts one day. :) Even if she is given a role in a grand production next year, she will probably be in a supporting character since the main roles are taken by veterans.

Among the fadans, Myolie is the one given the most leading roles next year. TVb probably felt that she can carry the roles and show well.

linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Nope, I think TVB is stereotyping Myo into comedic and the goodie-two-shoes roles. I don't know if you actually can call this good? It's not that she can't act well in comedies, but rather, being versatile is supposed to be what a competent artiste should be striving towards (I know it's not her fault, but TVB doesn't seem to realize this yet - at least for her case). If TVB continues to keep casting her in the same kind of roles, I don't see how she can have a breakthrough in her acting; most of it are just gonna become predictable.
Anyway, I don't see Moses as a comedian. At least half of the shows which I've seen him in doesn't portray him as one. The only comedy that I can think of with him in it is Gentle Crackdown.
I don't think it really matters what kind of lead the role is classified under, if it can be something different from what Myo usually acts, or something that she hasn't attempted before?

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top