[30 September 2008] TVB 41st Anniversary Nomination

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [30 September 2008] TVB 41st Anniversary Nomination

Post by annboo23 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:49 pm

you know what...i think its time myolie left tvb...like how michelle did...myolie has always been so faithfully with tvb and she was suppose to be the leading female for the new generation...but obviously that has change hasnt it...myolie is suppose to be up there with raymond...but if you notice they are trying to push linda up there now...and even bosco has been demoted...so now it seems that are dear myolie has been demoted also...im vivid...im pissed...woil2 did better than speech of silence and journey called life...but yet she wasnt even nominated for it...im just sick and tired of how monopolize tvb is...freakin aye even atv treats their artists better...argh...

annboo23
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:15 pm

TVB's official list of nominations will only be released tonight at the lighting-up ceremony

Unless it's proven that Apple Daily is the spokesperson for TVB, then this list is just pure speculation/gossip generated by Apple Daily to sell its papers

Last edited by psycho 0805 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I still think Myolie is being promoted by TVB. She's one of the fadans now, and her status is apparent at the many TVB functions (no matter what the netizens say). Myolie's leading in her two upcoming dramas. She had three series aired this year.
credit: HKangel

I agree with HKangel. I don't get the repliers that keep complaining that TVB doesn't care for Myolie. That is blatant blasphemy when there is clear evidence that TVB still cherish Myolie. If not, Why is Myolie given the 1st female role to the third installment of a prestigious, high-acclaimed triology as "Burning Flames"? TVB obviously still trust in Myolie to act the character well. Also, another 1st female role in ancient series with Moses where Myolie may act the role of "Chau Heung." There's a tremendous amount of pressure of acting such a role because of the predecessors who acted the role of "Chau Heung" before(Gong Li & Esther Kwan).

The problem with Myolie right now is her disharmous relationship with the netizens. The netizens are never always right. However, they hold great power for they are the viewers that give TVB their high ratings which eventually gives TVB their profit. She needs to prove to the netizens next year her acting skills.

I also agree with Cheersmyolie that this is TVB's blessing in disguise. If Myolie were to be nominated, predict the netizen's unpleasant uproars. In this way, TVB is already treating Myolie better than Kevin/Gigi Lai when they unworthily received their awards in their respective years.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BBgirl on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

I doubt this so called "nomination list" is reliable since TVB's Lighting-up Ceremony & Announcement of Nomination List is schedule to be held Today[30/09/08] so how could apple daily know in advanced??Unless the nomination list got leaked out or something but I don't really believe in apple daily anyway since they love to exaggerate much on their news and if the list is "REAL" why isn't Ada,Gigi and Maggie on the list for TGOL while two newbies who just got leading roles recently fighting for the "Best Actress Award"??hahaha....What a joke!!*roll eyes* oioi

BBgirl
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AddyLeong on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:19 pm

swtaznlaydee wrote:

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. TVB is prolly hoping for the criticisms to die down or something. I still think TVB likes Myolie since she's still leading in her upcoming series, but also has to keep in mind the netizens since they determine TV ratings where TVB gets it's profit. I agree with Cheersmyolie *hug*

How can this be? I doubt TVB would be so nice to her, sorry! Myolie has no more series for this year, how can she bring down the ratings. Not that Linda and Kate were free from criticisms. Kate was badly criticized in the series she is nominated for and moreover the ratings of the series was poor but she is still nominated! By the way, Linda, Kate, Tavia also have 2 or more leading role series in the pipeline for next year too. I think it is more like the artiste contract with TVB.

Recalling now from recent Myolie's interview, she has expected this year award since TVB AWARDS are pre-determined anyway. She said a couple of times that she hopes for a break though role and that she hope to win the best actress award someday.
In a couple of other interviews, she commented that she is not thinking for any singing TVB award neither. Guess she knows TVB will not award it to her, therefore she commended Linda instead. Yep, truly very disappointed with TVB because they throw talents out of the window and heavily promote who they favour.

With the rating of WOIL 2, why is there only 1 nominee; TVB is so biased.

AddyLeong
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

geez, i really do hope that the list is not official. most of the people on the list are from MR. they can't nominate kate for MR b/c of the 3 per series rule, but they did instead for the other series just to put her on the list. if this list is true, i think TVB is really really bias. i think Myolie deserve to be on the list. WOIL II got high rating.

like 'addyleong' said, why is there only one nomination from WOIL II? i personally think her acting is better than linda or kate. if linda or kate is really on the list and not Myolie, there is something wrong.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:52 pm

So this list is not the final official list released by TVB? But Apple Daily write as though it is the ultimate.

As expected, the media already began criticizing MYOLIE even before the official list is out and about less than 2 months before the award. Since Myolie is so bad in the eyes of the Media, why bother making the headline news when she is not even in the nomination lists. Wow, MYOLIE IS SUPER, SUPER POPULAR!!!
MYOLIE Made headline news in hot topic like ( MR & tvb anniversary awards nomination and ceremony) when she is not related at all since she is supposedly be out.

CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Don't agree that TVB doesn't value Myo.

Not only for the leading roles in the upcoming series, Myo has quite a lot of external functions/endorsements throughout the year. All these are money - both to her and TVB [and I believe majority of her income comes from here, I mean how much can one earn from just filming TVB series alone?]. Bernice doesn't have many series too, yet she's one of the top few artistes to rake in the most money in TVB. There is still substantial market value in Myo - TVB is unlikely to take her down just because of a group of dumb idiots making senseless comments for the fun of it.
Anyway, I still think Myo's only unpopular within the netizens. I believe the general HK audience don't judge her to the extreme like the netizens do. And what percentage does this group of netizens make up as compared to the general HK audience? Just a small fraction, I guess. It's times like this when the tabloids tend to exaggerate a lot to make it look so serious and all, making it sound as if the entire HK hates Myo and can't wait for her downfall =.=

luvlydaisy wrote:I just feel terrible for Myolie! This is sooo wrong, she didn't even get nominated for WOIL2. I can't believe newbies kate and linda got promoted grrrrrr. I'm disgusted with TVB's biased system.

I believe Myo had her share of promotion back in 2005 - she had 5 series being aired in that year [correct me if I'm wrong]. So what's the problem with promoting other newer actresses now? Please be fair to the other actresses. Don't just plainly bring them down.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Hope so and you are right about HK public.

Believe it or not. I rang up 2 colleagues in Hong Kong to make inquiry about Hang Yee. They are local professional belonging to the early thirty age group.

1) 1st response - Oh, Wu Hang Yee, that's Miss Hong Kong. Yea, she is pretty famous but of course not like Andy Lau and Tony Leung. You find her a lot in advertisement. She is getting more famous definitely.

2) 2nd response: Wu Hang Yee, she is the competitor of Sheh Si Man. Why do you have this perception? Not perception but it is general public knowledge that both of them are competing. Then she rattled about the 2006 best actress award. ( surprise to hear that myolie is considered the same level as Charmaine!)

PS, my 2 colleagues are not faithful follower of tvb drama series, they will only watch part of the episode as and when they are free. And seldom follow a complete series so far.
Interestingly, i ask whether they watch MR and HOG series since it is so popular in HK. They both said no, not at all. why????. because we are not 'si lai', 2nd colleague continue to explain that the non-stop bickering give her headache. already there is so much stress and politics at work, why stress yourself after work. No offence to those of us who love both these series so much... is it true that tvb drama series only capture certain group in hk?

CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sasa on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:32 am

CheersMyolie wrote:Hope so and you are right about HK public.

Believe it or not. I rang up 2 colleagues in Hong Kong to make inquiry about Hang Yee. They are local professional belonging to the early thirty age group.

1) 1st response - Oh, Wu Hang Yee, that's Miss Hong Kong. Yea, she is pretty famous but of course not like Andy Lau and Tony Leung. You find her a lot in advertisement. She is getting more famous definitely.

2) 2nd response: Wu Hang Yee, she is the competitor of Sheh Si Man. Why do you have this perception? Not perception but it is general public knowledge that both of them are competing. Then she rattled about the 2006 best actress award. ( surprise to hear that myolie is considered the same level as Charmaine!)

PS, my 2 colleagues are not faithful follower of tvb drama series, they will only watch part of the episode as and when they are free. And seldom follow a complete series so far.
Interestingly, i ask whether they watch MR and HOG series since it is so popular in HK. They both said no, not at all. why????. because we are not 'si lai', 2nd colleague continue to explain that the non-stop bickering give her headache. already there is so much stress and politics at work, why stress yourself after work. No offence to those of us who love both these series so much... is it true that tvb drama series only capture certain group in hk?

You know, I have not watch MR either. Feel the same way. Not my favorite kind of series. I think that's why I love WOIL so much. It is different and funny. And Myolie is so natural in it too. She was perfect for the role.

On another note - I think Myolie is someone you will always remember in the long run. Somehow I think she will be around for a long time. She could act and sing. Her album is coming out this fall and people will recognize her for her songs. I think 'Single Travel' is a very good song and will get replay for many years down the road. Although we want Myo to win the TVB Best Actress (as an icing on the cake), I think Myo is very popular at the moment. I have faith she will get it soon. But I also agree that she should be on the list this year though.

Who are the Netizen anyway. Since they are only a small fraction of the people, doesn't Myo's fan make up a bigger fraction? Why don't TVB listen to us...hehehehe.

sasa
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlydaisy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:23 am

sasa wrote:
CheersMyolie wrote:Hope so and you are right about HK public.

You know, I have not watch MR either. Feel the same way. Not my favorite kind of series. I think that's why I love WOIL so much. It is different and funny. And Myolie is so natural in it too. She was perfect for the role.

On another note - I think Myolie is someone you will always remember in the long run. Somehow I think she will be around for a long time. She could act and sing. Her album is coming out this fall and people will recognize her for her songs. I think 'Single Travel' is a very good song and will get replay for many years down the road. Although we want Myo to win the TVB Best Actress (as an icing on the cake), I think Myo is very popular at the moment. I have faith she will get it soon. But I also agree that she should be on the list this year though.

Who are the Netizen anyway. Since they are only a small fraction of the people, doesn't Myo's fan make up a bigger fraction? Why don't TVB listen to us...hehehehe.

Me too, I didn't like MR either, I watched the first two episodes, then I was like "nope not my type of series" and gave up on it. Don't get what the hype is all about. Silly family fighting all the time. Too much family drama and bickering is not my cup of tea. I thought Myolie did very good in WOIL2 and at least deserves best supporting actress nomination for that. IMO, hk netizens are a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than bash good actresses, and they are crazy and brain-dead to think linda and kate can actually act. We should form a pro-Myolie coalition and inform TVB that the good choice to make is to promote Myolie. I can make T-shirts that say "We Support You, Myolie!" yes

luvlydaisy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile http://i34.tinypic.com/5a58g7.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:28 am

^Her role in "Wars of in Laws 2" was a leading role. The story focused on Myolie & Liza fight toos. However, Myolie & Liza fight was funny, not tiresome. It would be insulting to Myolie to put her under the "best supporting actress" when she lead in all 3 of her series.
The one & only nomination spot for WOIL2 was filled by Liza.

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hkangel on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:43 am

luvlydaisy wrote:We should form a pro-Myolie coalition and inform TVB that the good choice to make is to promote Myolie. I can make T-shirts that say "We Support You, Myolie!" yes

LOL! =.="

No wonder TVB is failing under the Lok-Chan government... I mean, management.

The fact that MR gets special treatment and exemption is just STUPID. I mean, I know TVB is biased, but can they make it more obvious?

hkangel
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterWonders on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:54 am

wow really... she didn't even get nominated in the top 10
suprising

WaterWonders
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:59 am

Now that I have become a full-blown Myolieís fan and supporter, ever since reading this annual event for the last two and a half years, I havenít had much of a good feeling about it. It is maybe because of disappointment is more common than success. I donít really know how TVB runs thing in Hong Kong. I donít know who does what and how the operations and selections are being handled in this event.

Unlike in Hollywood, the Golden Globe Awards is awarded for best television series and also best actors and actresses by the press/media, being interviewed by over 300 members of the press with producers, directors, and artists, But in HK, the selection process is so different as it is basically run by TVB. I guess that is why I donít want to read about this event anymore. I am not sure if they know what the word ďqualityĒ is over there in TVB City.

I guess thatís why many former TVB artists quit and abandoned TVB and went over to ATV instead or work in Mainland China.

goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:01 am

Golden Globe? It's all about the Emmy's, baby. ;D

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 am

you're right, my mistake...I though golden globe also award for best television series here too...but emmy award is the right one...sorry...

goldengater
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:53 am

goldengater wrote:you're right, my mistake...I though golden globe also award for best television series here too...but emmy award is the right one...sorry...

Yeah. Golden Globe awards both Movies & TV. However, the Emmy's is more prestigious.
Grammys=most credible music award
Oscars aka Academy Award=most credible motion pictures award
Emmys=most credible TV award

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlydaisy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:10 pm

psycho 0805 wrote:
I believe Myo had her share of promotion back in 2005 - she had 5 series being aired in that year [correct me if I'm wrong]. So what's the problem with promoting other newer actresses now? Please be fair to the other actresses. Don't just plainly bring them down.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down. I didn't say TVB shouldn't promote them, I'm just saying that they shouldn't be nominated for BEST ACTRESS for series that were sub-par and their acting was badly criticized. Myolie worked hard and didn't get nominated for a good and popular series. Now isn't that obvious favouritism by TVB or what??? Myolie didn't get nominated for best actress at all for her string of series while she was getting promoted. I really don't want to get into an argument with a fellow Myolie's fan.

luvlydaisy
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile http://i34.tinypic.com/5a58g7.gif

Back to top Go down

Post by linnette_zj on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm

oh..i saw this news too.. but i didn't post it up in the forum here because i felt that Appledaily isnt very reliable..and TVB official list will only be released last night..so i wondered where appledaily got this nomination list from.

So, there is still some hope. Anyway, Myolie is still being promoted by TVB..look at the chain of functions or advertisments and interviews that she is busy with now. And as for other artistes, let's not comment whether they deserve to win or not, we wouldn't like other people commenting such things on Myolie too.. so let's just give one another mutual respect i guess.. :)

linnette_zj
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xiohx on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm

Scared me!

Isn't this the official nomination list??

Best Actor :
Survivor's Law II - Kenneth Ma
DIE - Roger Kwok
Catch Me Now - Damian Lau
Forensic Heroes II - Frankie Lam
Love Exchange - Michael Miu
Moonlight Resonance- Ha Yu
Moonlight Resonance- Moses Chan
Moonlight Resonance - Raymond Lam
Your Class Or Mine- Bobby Auyeung
Last One Standing - Kevin Cheng

Best Actress:
War Of In-Laws II - Liza Wang
DIE - Sonija Kwok
A Journey Called Life - Linda Chung
Silver Sorrows Of Chambers - Nancy Sit
Forensic Heroes II - Charmaine Sheh
Speech Of Silence - Kate Tsui
Moonlight Resonance - Lee Si Kei
Moonlight Resonance - Susanna Kwan
Moonlight Resonance - Michelle Yim
Your Class Or Mine- Sheren Tang

Favourite Male Character
Survivor's Law II - Kenneth Ma
War Of In-Laws II - Bosco Wong
DIE - Roger Kwok
DIE - Derek Kwok
Money Maker Recipe - Michael Tse
Moonlight Resonance - Ha Yu
Moonlight Resonance - Raymond Lam
Legend Of The Demigods - Sunny Chan
The Four - Ron Ng
Last One Standing - Kevin Cheng

Favourite Female Character
Word Twister's Adventures - Charmaine Sheh
War Of In-Laws II - Liza Wang
War Of In-Laws II - Myolie Wu
DIE- Yuen Siu Yee
Silver Sorrows Of Chambers - Christine Ng
Money Maker Recipe - Kiki Sheung
Moonlight Resonance - Lee Si Kei
Moonlight Resonance - Susanna Kwan
Moonlight Resonance - Chen Fala
Legend Of The Demigods - Linda Chung

LOOKS MORE LEGIT doesn't it? Well, Myolie IS on this list!

xiohx
Fantastic Newbie *
Fantastic Newbie *

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swtaznlaydee on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 pm

luvlydaisy wrote:
Myolie didn't get nominated for best actress at all for her string of series while she was getting promoted.

Actually, Myolie did. For 2005(year of Myolie's overpromotion), Myolie did such a great job in "Wars of the In laws" that she got into the top 5 for "Best Actress".

swtaznlaydee
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CheersMyolie on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Myolie is also in the top 5 of Best Actress in 2006 for TGWL. Unfortunately, no nomination in 2007. And for 2008, needless to say. In the previous year, there is only the top 5, not like now there have open to 10 nominees. Not sure whether they streamline to the top 5 later on

CheersMyolie
M-W Superstar !
M-W Superstar !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho 0805 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 pm

luvlydaisy wrote:
Myolie didn't get nominated for best actress at all for her string of series while she was getting promoted. I really don't want to get into an argument with a fellow Myolie's fan.
As for your opinion on Myo not getting nominated for Best Actress during her promotion period, I believe swtaznlaydee has already answered it.

luvlydaisy wrote:I'm not trying to bring anyone down. I didn't say TVB shouldn't promote them, I'm just saying that they shouldn't be nominated for BEST ACTRESS for series that were sub-par and their acting was badly criticized.
If you ask for my opinion, I've no problems with Linda being nominated for her role in AJCL. I think she did great in there. Anyway Linda was being complimented by many for her acting and improvements made in AJCL. It just so happened that her role in MR later on dragged down on her, but she wasn't even nominated for MR in the Best Actress category. I'm not trying to exaggerate and say Linda was so 'WOW' in AJCL, but nevertheless, her performance was still worthy of the Best Actress nomination. Do you happen to have alternative views on her acting in AJCL? I don't mind knowing more of what you thought of her performance in that drama. Acting's a very subjective matter anyway.
As for Kate, I didn't watch Speech of Silence, so I can't make a comment on whether she deserves it or not. Perhaps you've watched this drama and think she shouldn't be up there in the nomination list - yup I accept that.

luvlydaisy wrote:Myolie worked hard and didn't get nominated for a good and popular series. Now isn't that obvious favouritism by TVB or what???
Yes, Myo worked very hard for this year. Not a single doubt about that. But sometimes, hard work doesn't exactly equate to results.
If you ask me about obvious favoritism, I think TVB favors the MR series a lot more than anything and anyone else.

luvlydaisy wrote:I really don't want to get into an argument with a fellow Myolie's fan.
I meant no hostility, really. Sorry if I did offend you in my previous statement.

psycho 0805
M-W {One & Only}
M-W {One & Only}

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PPearl on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:31 pm

i am surprised with a couple of names in the best actress cat as i feel Myolie is a better artist but sadly with no profound series to show for in year 2008. and actually, i've always tot that she is on the same playground as Chermaine.
nevertheless, i believe Myolie's day will come. jia you, Myo!!!

PPearl
M-W Member +
M-W Member +

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top